Monday, May 17, 2010

Class Reflections

Class time was well spent organizing and enhancing the project and unit I'm preparing. It allowed an opportunity to revisit sites, practice some previously learned skills, like embedding new links (at times my brain feels taxed)or revising ideas. It also provided the chance to work with individuals on discovering curriculum that I may be using next year. Heather and Ruth offered suggestions that were very helpful. Lisa and I were able to get together later in the week to add touches and refine our unit. I'm really excited about our plan to use images that will bring some curiosity and understanding to student discovery and learning. Everyone's input has been greatly appreciated and I look forward to putting this new knowledge into place with students. Now to wait for that "ah ha" moment.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you!! Loving technology!! I know you were frustrated at the beginning, but I loved listening to you planning your unit and figuring out how and what to do. I started out with little idea of how to use all of this. Every year since beginning I try to dabble in something new and try it on for size. I think we've been exposed to so many great things. Join a couple nings or other blogs and you'll learn a ton from other people. A lot of times that's what I did, especially in the beginning...I just sort of tagged along. I joined a couple ning networks that were pertinent to my field of study and learned so much from the people there. The most rewarding thing was attending a national conference and meeting some of my online "friends" in person. It was awesome! I think too, it also helps that nationally recognized leaders are more accessible through their blogs and other sites. You can actually talk to them. I remember reading the blog of a renowned chef that I admire. I posted a comment on one of his recipes and he actually commented back to me. VERY COOL! of course it could have been his assistant, but still kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I will definitely take your suggestions and follow a few other blogs to get ideas. I was so lucky to have great classmates who helped me learn so many new things.

    ReplyDelete